Kappa will, at all times, keep your Personal Information confidential and will only process information that is required to enable us to perform our obligations and provide you with the best possible service! We take our customers privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable and required steps to protect your Personal Information. We will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
For the purpose of these clauses, "Personal Information" shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPI).
1. Processing of Personal Information
Kappa undertakes not to sell, share or trade any personal information collected online. Personal Information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and service providers where required to perform a service to customers or improve your online experience.
It should be made clear that you have no legal obligation to provide us with any Personal Information and the submission of such information is entirely subject to your sole discretion and consent. However, if you will not provide us with the required information we may not be able to provide you with the information/services requested by you
If you sign up for Kappa’s newsletters or marketing mailers, you expressly consent to Kappa sending you marketing communications. You may unsubscribe to these marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link within the electronic marketing material or by contacting customer service or the Information Officer.
After placing an order Kappa will send you transactional emails for the purpose of tracking your order and keeping you informed. When placing an order you consent to Kappa contacting you for purposes relating to the order and performance of the purchase agreement. Transactional emails are not considered marketing communications and/or direct marketing.
Take note that Kappa sometimes partners with other companies and institutions (third parties) for promotions, campaigns and competitions. If you are subscribed to the third party database and consented to them sending you marketing material you may receive marketing material from the third party relating to Kappa even if you have unsubscribed to Kappa’s marketing material. Should a third party contact you with Kappa marketing material without your consent, kindly report this to Kappa ([email protected]) in order for us to investigate.
Any complaints regarding the processing of Personal Information may be sent to our Information Officer ([email protected]) and will be addressed as a matter of urgency.
2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 When you create an account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Name and Surname
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- ID number / passport number; and
- If a refund is required we may request your bank account details in order to make payment.
2.2 When you visit our Website, we, alternatively our service providers may collect:
- Your shopping device
- Your IP address
- Your Internet Service Provider
- Your Domain server
- Amount of time spent on pages
- What pages or sections you visit on our Website
- The number of clicks and where you click on our Website
- Your search terms on our Website
- Other statistical data relating to our offering to you.
2.3 Our Website makes use of “cookies” to automatically collect non-personal browsing habits and click patterns and to provide you with certain features on the Website. Click here to read our Cookie Notice.
3. How we use your Personal Information
3.1 The Personal Information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- To identify you
- To deliver the products you have purchased from Kappa;
- To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes;
- To provide you with current and new product information (if you have opted in to receive marketing material);
- To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us and our partners (if you have opted in to receive marketing material);
- to improve your experience on our Site by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and click patterns. This helps us improve our Website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Information.
3.2 Our third-party service providers may use information about your visits to our Website, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices. It’s important to remember that we don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. So we encourage you to read the privacy policies of these services before using our Website. Please request identity of the third party provider and we’ll be happy to refer you.
3.3 When you register as a user/customer on our Website, we will also use your Personal Information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time if you opt in to receive this material. You can unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material, by contacting customer service or by contacting the Information Officer.
4. Updating Your Personal Information
Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information or You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on our Website.
5. Security of Your Personal Information
KAPPA ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
KAPPA uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is in line with the industry standard. Kappa’s registration documents and the Site's registered domain name are checked and verified by DigiCert.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
6.1 We will not share your information with any third parties other than:
- Employees and/or third party service providers directly related to assisting you with the use of the Website and delivery of the products you have purchased from the Website.
- To our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any Product you have purchased which requires their involvement.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us, but who are located internationally.
6.2 In exceptional circumstances we may be required to disclose Personal Information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
6.3 We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality, data sharing agreements and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
6.4 You have the right to request the identity of all third parties who have access to your personal information.
6.5 KAPPA is committed to complying with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as well as the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 and its principles.
6.6 If you believe that your privacy has been breached by KAPPA please contact our Information Officer at [email protected] and we will resolve the issue.